There's a silly meme I've just picked up on Twitter - tweeting as if it was 1984. I've done a few, and I could be on a roll, but I've decided to stop, in order to avoid really pissing off my followers.
- I really ought to be revising for my O-Levels
- I've just joined the Labour Party & done some leafletting for Trafford Coucnil* Elections. Solidarity with miners
- Going to watch Top of the Pops tonight. I wonder who else'll be on besides Lionel Richie
Of course it would be dead simple to go upstairs and dig out my diary from this day in 1984, but that wouldn't be as fun as writing as if I almost had a sixth sense and could almost predict the future. (And I'm not bothering too much about 140-character limits)
- Been out to take some photos; I'd love to take loads but wish there was a way to take photos without having to pay for D&P & film
- Popped into the library to find out the latest MUFC gossip but they only had Times & Express. Frustrating...
- Damn, I missed TV prog last night. Even a video wd be no gd if you didn't know it was on. Wonder if they'll repeat it
- Watching Nationwide about Labour Politicians. There's these two blokes elected last year they reckon are future PMs.
- I bet there's some toff of my age at Eton who reckons he'll be next-but-one Tory PM. Prick.
- The brochure came for the Halle Proms. Never get any stars at the Proms, wish we'd get some international superstar singer
- Just been practising for my DS O-Level practical. They ought to have more cookery programmes on TV, but TV's just for blokes & blokes aren't supposed to cook. Typical of patriarchal society
- I wonder if Bryan Robson will be fit for the UEFA semi against Juventus
- I hate Liverpool, they keep winning & winning. I'd just like one Championship, please. Too much to ask?
- It's not fair, I've used the phone 'too much'. How am I supposed to contact my friends in the school holidays?
- I'm the only 'young person' in Altrincham & Sale CLP. It'd be great if I could write letters to other young activists up&down the country, like penpals
- Ugh! Black-pudding, beetroot & mushy peas for tea, followed by rhubarb pie. Old fashioned English cooking, so boring. Wish we could have more lasagne and moussaka, like posh restaurants in Hale
You can see the aggregated efforts of others by clicking on #1984Tweet
* Back in 1984, my spelling was perfect. Then along came computers**
** I had actually used computers before then, but I didn't use them regularly until the 1990s